The holidays are just around the corner, and with them comes the opportunity to gather friends and family around a table full of culinary delights. To ensure your dishes rise to the occasion, an oven like
Smeg’s Galileo Pyro is essential.
This built-in oven is not only a technological marvel but also a gem in terms of design. And since we know that you must be looking for the ideal turkey recipe, you will find one at the end of this article that’ll allow you to test the features of this appliance at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
First, Smeg’s Galileo Pyro is not just an oven, it’s a steam oven with a self-cleaning function. That means that this appliance will allow you to cook your dishes with the right humidity (which translates into juicier meats and more tender loaves of bread), and the self-cleaning function will save you time in the kitchen.
After a full afternoon of cooking and serving, having an oven that frees you from degreasing is just as important as having a spacious dishwasher. Don’t you think?
150 recipes to choose from
Can you imagine what it must be like to have a culinary assistant that tells you the temperature and time required to cook a dish in the oven? Well, this appliance features the Smartcooking system, which offers 150 special cooking recipes for a wide variety of dishes.
Whether you’re preparing a turkey for Thanksgiving or a lamb or pig for Christmas, this oven will guide you to achieve perfect results.
Another feature of this oven is that it allows you to cook by setting up to 3 cooking phases for the same recipe. The cooking technology, function, time, and temperature can be modified, so you can have a juicy turkey with a crispy crust because one cooking phase is immediately followed by the next one.
Put it all to the test
And to put everything we told you to the test, we share with you this delicious and simple turkey recipe.
- 1 fresh turkey (weight will depend on the number of diners, estimate about 1 lb. per person)
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 1 garlic head
- fresh thyme, sage, rosemary, and parsley
- 1 large lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the oven. In Smartcooking mode select turkey and set the weight of the turkey. The appliance will take care of everything concerning temperature and time. Besides, you don’t have to worry about preheating the oven because, with the InstanGo system, this step is included in the cooking selection you made.
- While the oven is preheating, remove the giblets and neck from the turkey, and discard or reserve them for another use.
- Wash the turkey with cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Then cut the lemon in two and rub the turkey with it. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Melt all the butter and meanwhile peel the garlic, cut it into small pieces, and do the same with the aromatic herbs. Once the butter is ready, add the herbs, and garlic and prepare the mixture that you’ll use to cover the turkey to add flavor.
- Tie the legs of the turkey together with a kitchen string and fold the wings back.
- Place a large pan under the wire rack (rack level 2) and place the turkey on the wire rack. Brush the skin with the butter mixture prepared beforehand.
- Place the pan containing the turkey with the legs facing the door first.
- After 45 minutes have elapsed, cover the ends of the thighs with aluminum foil to prevent them from burning.
- When the turkey is ready, the oven will let you know, so you can remove it from the appliance and cover it with aluminum foil to keep it at room temperature.
We are sure that this recipe will convince you that this oven is much more than a simple appliance, it is an ally that will elevate your holidays to a higher level because it will make your dishes unforgettable and your time in the kitchen a pleasure.